Monday, September 7, 2009

Saturday afternoon I grabbed a cheap pregnancy test while I was out shopping. It couldn't possibly be that I was pregnant at 41 after nine years of thinking I was no longer able to conceive. But, I had not had a period in almost two months and didn't feel one coming on, so maybe I should just make sure.
I hid the test in my purse and when all was clear I crept quietly into the back bathroom to run the test. As I fumbled to open the box I said to myself, "this is so stupid. You are not pregnant." But I had bought the test. I might as well take it.
I had an instant positive result. I didn't believe it. I rechecked what the positive result should look like. It was true. I was pregnant!
I began to tremble and hit my knees right there beside the bathroom sink. "O my Lord," I prayed, "O My Lord, could it be? Could it really be? O, thank you my God, thank you! Thank you! That you would look upon me in such a way. That you would see fit to bless me so at this age in my life. O My God..."
I was beside myself. It was as if a husband loved his wife so much that he thought and thought of the most beautiful gift he could give her and came and presented it to her as a surprise. It was like the Lord said, "Here is a present, just for you! Just because I love you!"
I thanked Him over and over throughout the day, and I am still praising him and thanking him. Sometimes I cry for the joy of it all, that he could be so good to me. I am in awe and wonder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well praise God s. Liz! Wow, it is amazing!
me