Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I wrote this years ago---A prayer for my baby

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come; for men shall be lovers of their own selves, coveteous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Whithout natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away" 2Tim 3:1-5

Dear Lord,

This scripture troubles my mind. I have within me the most precious gift...a baby, given from thy merciful hand... yet, I fear for its future. We are in the perilous times that you warned us about. If only I can give my baby YOU! I know all will be well. No, I don't want to give it religion, forms, customs, but YOU! You have given me such hope and happiness. Before I knew you I was terribly lost and sad. Life held no meaning to me. I never understood why, oh why, I was here in this terrible world. But then you came to me. Someone told me you loved me and wanted to live in my heart. Oh what a glorious and blessed night; to know that JESUS loves me! You saved me and gave me a new and happy life, FREE from sin....and all that goes with it. You've been "an ever present help in time of need". You never fail!
Yes, if I can only teach my children to you with all their heart. If YOU become their dearest friend as you have been mine, then I have peace to know, that no matter what the future holds, they will be alright.
Oh Lord, grant thine handmaid natural affection for her baby. Help me to be a dear, loving mother. In Jesus name, Amen-

No comments: