Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Behold, I Stand at the Door and Knock!"


When I was a little girl, a neighbor lady often had me and my little brother over to teach us a Bible lesson. She used all sorts of interesting manipulatives to try and explain the Bible and it's teahings to us. I remember her taking two toy cars and drawing a very large road and a very small road on some paper, and driving them around. All of it went right over my head. I enjoyed my time there and the cookies she often shared, but I didn't understand anything she was trying to teach me.
One day she presented us with the picture of Jesus knocking at a door. I was instantly taken in by its beauty and the sweet man called Jesus. She told us how he was knocking at the door, but no one was opening it for him. I felt so sorry for him and a very deep deep longing stirred inside my young heart and I thought, "if I were there, I would let him in." Oh how I wished I could be there with that sweet man in the picture. Somehow I knew deep in the dark corners of my heart, that he would make everything alright.

Unfortunately, at the time, I never got the message that I COULD let him in; that he was knocking at my heart's door. I spent too many years not knowing. But thank God, later in life, someone told me the truth about Jesus and how he can come to live in my heart. I opened the door one day, and my life has been so blessed ever since!!!

If you have never heard how you can open your heart to Jesus, I welcome you to read more. Click on "Is Jesus Knocking at Your Door" and begin a BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, BRAND NEW life in Him!!!

No comments: