Friday, February 15, 2008

Play Dough

Even though the sun is out, it is still very chilly. A favorite past time when my children were little was to whip up a batch of home made playdough. Its quick, fun, interactive time together and unlike the store bought play dough, it warms little fingers and smells so good. Be sure to wait for it to cool some before having the little ones help you knead.

In a medium size sauce pan whisk together:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp cream of tartar

Then Add:
2 Tbs. cooking oil
1 cup water
food coloring (your choice)

Cook and stir over medium heat just until it globs together. This will happen pretty fast.
Then dump onto a flat surface and knead till smooth. Store in air tight container.
Bring out the rolling pin and cookie cutters! Have Fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made some for a friend's daughter once. But I didn't cook it. I just grabbed things out of the pantry I thought would make play-dough. Ha ha ha! I probably had more fun than she did! I think we made little snowmen...in the middle of the summer! Hey..there are no rules in play-dough! :)